You’d think that there were enough lessons in history for people to realize that tax-and-spend in general and “progressive agenda” in particular just don’t work. Because “they” don’t remember history, “they” keep making the same mistakes over and over again. With the same results. Over and over.
The current regime believes in “Keynesian” economics. They choose to believe that the more they spend the better the economy will be. They are getting plenty of lessons right now that it just doesn’t work!
Pete Seeger wrote a song about the stupidity of politicians (see note 1) that get us into wars. “Where have all the flowers gone” has the refrain “Oh when will they ever learn?” It is every bit as applicable today in reference to the fool politicians bankrupting not only our but the world’s economy.
Steamboat Jack (my evil twin)
Note 1, it is Historical Trivia Time:
List the President and his party who was the leader for the following historical events:
(E.g.: Invasion of Granada, answer: Ronald Reagan, Republican. Or, invasion of Panama, answer: George HW Bush, Republican)
So, let’s get started:
- Last invasion of Mexico
- WW I
- Invasion of Russia to fight the Communists
- WW II
- Arrest and internment of Japanese-Americans in concentration camps
- Ordered atomic bombs dropped on Japanese civilians
- Cold War
- Korean War
- Negotiated end to the hostilities of the Korean War
- Invasion of Cuba
- Attempted assassination of Castro
- Invasion of the Dominican Republic
- Vietnam War
- Negotiated end to the hostilities of the Viet Nam War
- War on Terror
- Made regime change in Iraq (ousting of Saddam Hussein) a pillar of US foreign policy
Curious. If you remember history, you start to see patterns that may be meaningful.